Imagine you're driving at 100 mph on fumes in your tank with no GPS, and saying to yourself that you can’t afford to stop and deal with it.
This is how the survival mode feels like. Our body and mind attempt to preserve energy that’s very limited, so we optimize by responding only to immediate demands.
Who can you even think of how you want your work and life be in 6 months, a year?!...
You’re dealing with A LOT!
- School protocols in the fall
- Anxiety about managing remote working or return to work
- Uncertainty about the future of your career and looming financial instability
- Navigating relationships given the higher tension, limited space and mobility
And so you live day-by-day, react hour-by-hour...
Unfortunately, this may also be happening:
- You end up responding to ALL the short-term demands that come your way. With no focus on a bigger picture, you have no healthy differentiating factor. You get exhausted.
- You tell yourself, “when this passes and I recharge, I’ll deal with it”. But you are not able to rebuild energy to get past the survival mode. You feel trapped.
You let things happen to you rather than creating what you want. You feel powerless.
I know this because I’ve lived in a survival mode for months and years when I burned out in the corporate. It was for different reasons and different circumstances but the feeling was very similar to what many of us feel now.
It does not have to feel like that mad car ride. There is another way!
I believe the best way to deal with uncertainty is to actively create your future work and life realities. And I believe you can do it right now, not waiting for things to fall into place.
To help people who want to take charge, I am launching a new cohort at my group coaching program, the Fire Starter Sessions.
The program is designed to support professionals so that you can:
- Confidently say yes/no to tasks and requests
- Manage your time and projects so that it's nurturing to you, too
- Have the tools to deal with uncertainty
- Feel confident about your contribution at work and outside it
- Have support, connection, and a sense of belonging
- Be a confident leader to yourself and others
It will not only help you get past these tough times but will also set you up for creating success the way you want it for years to come. You’ll have a massive head start compared to the wait-and-see strategy.
You'll love your work and life because you'll have a new way of doing things and because you will have created it the way you want it.
The next Fire Starter Sessions Group begins on August 25, 2020
I am taking a limited number of people to be able to give attention to everyone and help achieve results.
Check out the program details here.
And reach out if you have any questions.
With great love and compassion,
P.S. If you know someone who is driving that car on fumes, please do them a favor and forward this email to them.
Sveta Parilova is a career and leadership coach who partners up with mid-career professionals to help them get rekindled and renewed about their work/career so that they feel less stressed and more joyful at work and at home. She is passionate about supporting people in their search for purpose and meaning in their work and life and is humbled and honored to be part of their journey to a more joyful self. Click here to schedule a Complimentary Discovery Session and learn more!